MINI WRC Confirmed for Rally d’Italia in May

DimON

P90073730_highRes1-640x426.jpg

Part of MINI’s Geneva announcements this morning included official confirmation that the team car will compete at the World Rally Championship Rally d’Italia in May. It’s been spoken of for months, but now it’s official. MINI has also detailed its racing plans for the rest of the season where drivers Dani Sordo and Kris Meeke will compete in five additional rallies in Finland, Germany, France, Catalunya and Great Britain.

Also on the presentation stand this morning was the John Cooper Works S2000 spec rally car, which will see its racing debut in private hands in Portugal later this month. Dr. Wolfgang Armbrecht, Senior Vice President of Brand Management for MINI, had this to say:

“We are delighted to present the MINI John Cooper Works S2000 here in Geneva. MINI has joined forces with a highly experienced partner in Prodrive, and our colleagues in England continue to oversee the development of the MINI John Cooper Works WRC. When you add the turbocharged MINI engine and the BMW Group’s expertise in the world of motorsport to the mix, you can see we have an exceptional blend of attributes which will take us quickly to the next stage. The car’s technical make-up and driving characteristics make it the perfect fit for rallying. Entering the WRC takes MINI back to its rally roots and brings this heritage right up to date.”

[source: AutoSport]

di</img>di</img>

Motoringfile?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> Motoringfile?i=3_gCHWKZqVI:m_5NHYlGgRc:D7DqB2pKExk</img> Motoringfile?i=3_gCHWKZqVI:m_5NHYlGgRc:V_sGLiPBpWU</img> Motoringfile?i=3_gCHWKZqVI:m_5NHYlGgRc:F7zBnMyn0Lo</img>3_gCHWKZqVI

Читать дальше