MotoringFile is Heading to MTTS 2024 – Here’s Our Route & What We’re Driving

MINI Takes the States is the ultimate MINI road trip and this year looks to be one of the best. Traversing through the scenic western United States, we couldn’t turn down a chance to be a part of it all. And as always we’re doing something special in both what we’re driving and where we’re going.

Why do we think MTTS 2024 might be one of the best ever? For one the route is incredible. Maybe it’s the fact that your author lives in Chicago where things are relatively flat, but the idea of driving through the rockies for a week straight sounds like a proper journey.

MTTS_IMG_6248.jpg?resize=798%2C598&ssl=1

The opportunity to chart your own course through some of the most beautiful scenery in North America was impossible for us to miss. Even better MINI USA is giving attendees a few days off and one in particular that allows for some amazing exploration through Yellowstone country.

MotoringFile’s MTTS MINI & Route

No surprise we’re going to be behind the wheel of the two latest petrol-powered MINIs to reach the US. More specifically we’ll be putting some miles on the U25 MINI Countryman JCW and the F66 MINI Cooper S.

U25_JCW_392.jpg?resize=798%2C532&ssl=1

But just as important is our route. We’re still formalizing plans on who from MF is attending but I can confirm, at the very least I’ll be there for about half the trip. While it’s still a bit early, here the route plans.

JULY 16 – Land in Salt Lake

The plan is for me to join the party in Salt Lake City on the official MTTS day off. I’ll collect my car from MINI and get prepped for the trip that begins almost immediately.

MTTS_yellowstone_falls.jpg?resize=533%2C
Yellowstone’s breathtaking Lower Falls and Grand Canyon
July 17 | Explore the Tetons, Bridger national Forest & Yellowstone

My first day the plan will be to deviate a bit from the formal route and head to the Tetons, Bridger National Forest and eventually Yellowstone. This route, while longer, is an epic one that should not be missed.

The exact route will heading to western Wyoming and north via 189. This will take you through Jackson (a great place to stay the night if you want to take advantage of that extra day MINI is giving you) before heading into Yellowstone itself.

MTTS_bozeman.jpg?resize=798%2C598&ssl=1
Pine Creek Lodge, Paradise Valley MT

Yellowstone can be very busy this time of year but is still highly worth a visit. Pro-tip; Entering from the south entrance will save you some time and unless you have to see Old Faithful, you’re better off sticking the east side to avoid some of the traffic. It’s also a direct shot to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone which is not to be missed.

From there the plan is to head north into Paradise Valley (it’s called that for a reason) and make a pit-stop in Livingston Montana (one of our favorite towns in the world) before heading to Bozeman.

If you can take advantage of the day off and head north early, we’d highly recommend spending some time in this area. You can stay (or just taking a dip) at Chico Hot Springs, catch a show at legendary Pine Creek lodge and even grab a drink while watching the sunset at the Sage. There’s incredible hiking as well. For that be sure to check out All Trails have a guide to take you off the beaten path.

Want recommendations for places to stay on your days off? Here are our suggestions for the area that have a bit of local flavor:

Livingston & Paradise Valley: Chico Hot Springs, Murray Hotel, Sage Lodge, Under Canvass
Bozeman: The Lark, The Kimpton Armory

bridger-mountains.jpg?resize=798%2C532&s
The Bridger Mountains
July 18 | On Our Way to Missoula, MT Via the Lewis and Clark National Forest

We’ll be at the Giddy up to Hardscrabble Ranch – a retreat destination in the Bridger Mountains to kick off a day. Pro-tip – there will be ZERO cell reception in the Bridger Valley so be prepared.

From there we’ll hop on I-90 and head west out of the Bridger Mountains and into the expansive ranch land west of Bozeman. We’ll eventually make our way to Enjoy the serene, open spaces as we make our way to Helena, the capital of Montana and a former gold rush jewel.We’ll then head to Highway 12 winding through the Lewis and Clark National Forest. And there finally back onto I90 and Missoula.

spokane-v2.jpg?w=798
July 19 | Missoula, MT – Spokane, WA

We’ll be opting for the scenic route once more as we take 93 N through Lolo National Forest and Flathead Reservation. The plan is to head into the forest of pines, and through McLeod Peak and Ch-Paa-qn Peak and eventually into the beautiful lakes, mountains and rivers of western Montana and Idaho. Eventually we’ll hit state Highway 95 and Washington State.

And with that, we’ll be heading back east surely with second thoughts about not going the entire way. If you want to meet up along there way, the best way is to Direct Message us via Instagram and let us know!

Registration fees will vary between $40 for a single day to $200 for “going all the way”. Leg 1 tickets, from Albuqurque to Salt Lake City, are available for $100. Leg 2 tickets, from Bozeman to Seattle, are available for $125. All registration fees also include an official event goody bag. You can register at www.minitakesthestates.com

The post MotoringFile is Heading to MTTS 2024 – Here’s Our Route & What We’re Driving appeared first on MotoringFile.

View the full article