Video: MINI Clubman JCW 2500 Mile Review – The Perfect MINI Daily?

That was my hypothesis when I decided to order one of the last Clubman JCWs last fall. Since then I’ve lightly modded it, lowering the car and tweaking the chassis for even more go-kart feel. But after 2,500 miles, does it live up to the that original hypothesis?

Your mileage will vary. One person’s ideal daily driver could be another’s worst nightmare. Case in point my absolutely perfect daily would be a manual despite living in a very urban area. That surely sounds like a disaster for some of you. But for me, the idea of a daily driver in MINI form has to find the perfect balance between, quick reflexes, engagement and speed all while being relatively comfortable. Oh and it has to be able to hold kids, dogs and plenty of stuff.

The stock version of the Clubman JCW is a great car. But I wanted something with a more crisp turn-in, better body control and the ability to more easily rotate in corners. So I dropped it slightly, added underbody bracing for more rigidity and increased the size of the rear sway bar.

doesn’t come stock

The post Video: MINI Clubman JCW 2500 Mile Review – The Perfect MINI Daily? appeared first on MotoringFile.

View the full article