MF Exclusive: No JCW Countryman for 2012

DimON

4620333315_cb696b91bb_b-640x268.jpg

When will the Countryman get a JCW version? It’s a frequently asked question here on MotoringFile, and we finally have an answer for you. While we don’t have specific release dates as of yet, sources at MINI have told us that the JCW Countryman will not make an appearance in model year 2012. What’s the reasoning? Because the 2013 JCW Countryman will be worth waiting for.

While that might be disappointing to many holding out for the extra grunt of the JCW, your wait will be worth it. MINI tells us that before the JCW comes to the Countryman, the engine will first undergo a refresh. Most importantly, this next generation JCW powerplant will finally bring variable valve timing to the JCW engine.

If the 2011 Cooper S engine refresh is any guide, the updated JCW engine should see a very noticeable uptick in power as well as gains in efficiency. In fact we predicted 220 hp for the JCW Countryman a few months ago based on sources and we’ll stick that figure based on what the technology brought to the Cooper S.

Is it worth the wait for a high-performance Countryman? You tell us in the comments.

di</img><br/>di</img>

Motoringfile?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> Motoringfile?i=zT_CdROPnPs:Ihg0duJKw34:D7DqB2pKExk</img> Motoringfile?i=zT_CdROPnPs:Ihg0duJKw34:V_sGLiPBpWU</img> Motoringfile?i=zT_CdROPnPs:Ihg0duJKw34:F7zBnMyn0Lo</img>zT_CdROPnPs

Читать дальше