MF Garage: From the Earth to the Moon

DimON

roxy817111.jpg

via Wikipedia:

The distance between the moon and the Earth varies from around 356,400 km to 406,700 km at the extreme perigees (closest) and apogees (farthest). On 19 March 2011, it was closer to the earth while at full phase than it has been since 1993.[87] Reported as a “super moon”, this closest point coincides within an hour of a full moon, and it thus appeared 30 percent brighter, and 14 percent larger than when at its greatest distance

Depending on what number you look at (and how nerdy you want to be), the moon is between 221,456.69 and 252,711.66 miles from Earth. Or pretty gosh darned close to how far I have driven my 2003 MINI Cooper since I brought her home on March 6th, 2003. If the average driver (my age) drives 18,858 miles per year (via), then I’ve driven the equivalent of 13.4 years worth of miles.

And she keeps on going. I especially like it when I tell people how many miles I have on her. The look on their faces is usually priceless and it almost always causes them to do a complete walk around the car for another look. And, for the record, the color always get compliments. Velvet Red, in my own personal opinion, is one of the best colors ever put on a MINI. It’s really too bad that I’m one of 3 people that agree and actually purchased it.

As previously mentioned, I just had my 2nd alternator replaced. I’ve got a brand new wish list started as well that I hope to start clearing out in a month or two, starting with replacing the right side axel (again) and all of the upper mounts (engine and transmission). I’m also going to be doing a front brake job pretty soon and need to start thinking about shocks.

The end game to all of this, of course, is getting Roxy to the big 300. 300,000 miles that is. I’m pretty sure she’s got it in her.

di</img><br/>di</img>

Motoringfile?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> Motoringfile?i=DZKV-sn3AZc:kWVs-nJWTS4:D7DqB2pKExk</img> Motoringfile?i=DZKV-sn3AZc:kWVs-nJWTS4:V_sGLiPBpWU</img> Motoringfile?i=DZKV-sn3AZc:kWVs-nJWTS4:F7zBnMyn0Lo</img>DZKV-sn3AZc

Читать дальше