MINI, The Ultimate Urban Car

DimON

3334744360_e7607e7a7b_z.jpg

Let’s face it. More of us live in cities than ever. According to Cars.com’s Kelsey Mayes, one in every 6.4 Americans live in one of the country’s largest 50 cities as of 2009. So for many people, owning a car fit for the city is a must. So Cars.com has compiled their list of top ten list of urban cars, and guess who’s on top?

The MINI Cooper refuses to release its grip on the title of Ultimate Urban Car. Yes, it’s short — just over 12 feet long — and it turns a fairly tight circle and offers rear parking sensors. But being the ultimate urban car isn’t just about parking. The Cooper’s wee size and nimble handling make it good for scooting around delivery vehicles or slowpokes, especially if you opt for the turbocharged S trim level. All Coopers have excellent brakes, too, so you’re well-protected against the indiscretions of others, such as cellphone-obsessed pedestrians who don’t know street from sidewalk. Consider the convertible if you live in a warm climate, but if you’re in a wintry city, think twice about the S trim level, which rides too firmly for pothole-ridden streets.

While we dispute their suspension diagnosis (Sport Suspension is optional on the Cooper S, just as it is on the Cooper), we can’t argue with their summary. For zipping ’round town with spirit and thrift, it’s hard to do better that a MINI. See the full list over at Cars.com.

di</img>di</img>

Motoringfile?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> Motoringfile?i=Bljv-IMvgf0:Ej-gExIDgpA:D7DqB2pKExk</img> Motoringfile?i=Bljv-IMvgf0:Ej-gExIDgpA:V_sGLiPBpWU</img> Motoringfile?i=Bljv-IMvgf0:Ej-gExIDgpA:F7zBnMyn0Lo</img>Bljv-IMvgf0

Читать дальше