Meeke: “Sardinia is a Tricky Rally”

DimON

feature_sardinia.jpg

With Team MINI’s WRC season about to kick off in Italy, MINI Motorsport brings us perspective from the drivers. Dani and Kris are definitely anxious to get going. Some WRC teams have four races under their belts, but the MINI Team has been spending this time working out the kinks in a brand new race program. They’re definitely feeling ready. “Now we want to show how good we are,” says Dani.

This first race in Sardinia will be no leisurely Sunday drive. The course’s 18 stages will push the team at every bend. “Sardinia is a tricky rally because sand debris often makes the track slippery,” says Kris. He’d know. Meeke finished fourth in the IRC race on this course in 2010. He went on to add that “Sardinia is like a durability test for the car.” Looks like Sardinia will be a tough test of both man and machine, as any good rally should be.

Dani drove the course in 2009 and had this to say, “You have to be perfectly prepared …the surface changes with each car. Once the sand is gone, you find yourself driving on hard, bumpy ground, and you must adapt your driving style accordingly.” Challenges acknowledged, Dani is optimistic, adding that “Sardinia will be a highlight.” We’re looking forward to it.

di</img>di</img>

Motoringfile?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> Motoringfile?i=MTMMM2fLrnY:LHJogr84UQo:D7DqB2pKExk</img> Motoringfile?i=MTMMM2fLrnY:LHJogr84UQo:V_sGLiPBpWU</img> Motoringfile?i=MTMMM2fLrnY:LHJogr84UQo:F7zBnMyn0Lo</img>MTMMM2fLrnY

Читать дальше