MINI Supports Don’t Text and Drive Campaign

DimON

feature_dontText.jpg

The BMW Group campaign of DON’T TXT & DRIVE took a local turn last week when MINI USA presented the Woodcliff Lake, NJ Police Department with a specially emblazoned MINI Cooper hartop. President/CEO Jim O’Donnell handed the keys to Police Chief Anthony Jannicelli and Mayor Joseph LaPaglia who received the MINI on behalf of the Borough of Woodcliff Lake. “As a car company we value safe driving as much as we do having a safe community,” said Jim O’Donnell. “All of us in BMW Group believe strongly in DON’T TXT & DRIVE, and this MINI will carry that message wherever it goes and be a powerful reminder of a serious issue.”

“This vehicle drives home a critical point,” said Woodcliff, NJ Lake Police Chief Anthony Jannicelli. “A driver taking his eyes off the road for five seconds at 60 miles per hour to just read a text message travels the length of football field essentially with his eyes closed.”

BMW of North America (and now MINI USA) has been in the Woodcliff Lake community since 1989. This newest Woodcliff Lake police vehicle went into service immediately after the presentation and will be used for local community service programs of the police department.

di</img>di</img>

Motoringfile?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> Motoringfile?i=bTGzvqLQ09Q:g2yvS8ERu5I:D7DqB2pKExk</img> Motoringfile?i=bTGzvqLQ09Q:g2yvS8ERu5I:V_sGLiPBpWU</img> Motoringfile?i=bTGzvqLQ09Q:g2yvS8ERu5I:F7zBnMyn0Lo</img>bTGzvqLQ09Q

Читать дальше