MINIPEOPLE.ru - 2nd Anniversary

TheBug

Hello Our German, Irish, Canadian and English friends!

We would like to announce, that 2nd anniversary of MINIPEOPLE.ru will take place in Moscow on 17th and 18th of June.

For all of you, our dearest friends? who would like to join us in our celebration, we would like to propose the following

1) all guests arrives on 15th of June to St.Petersburg.

2) next morning, about 6am, all drives to Moscow (will take care, that some of us will join you for this drive)

3) 17th and 18th - we celebrate in Moscow (details ..... well, I guess, it should be a surprise for you)

4) 19th of June - drive back to St.Petersburg (or, it could be drive to Finland directly, your choice)

regarding the ferry to St.Petersburg, this ferry should be available daily from Rostok. The only one note - this ferry will be available starting from 17th of June. Also, regarding the visa to Russia. I guess, you would need to apply for a juristic visa. It should take 2-3 weeks and less documents, than for a business visa.

also, do not hesitate to ask us for any questions. We have agreed, that we will have 2 contact person for you - Englishman and TheBug

Hi,

It's Chris from Canada (Barrie, Ontario) - I met some of your fellow Russian minipeople in Misano Italy in October.

I have a couple of questions:

The ferry - if we need to be in St. Petersburg on the 15th of June and the ferry service that you suggested (Rostok) starts on the 17th - I think we might need a different ferry. Can you recommend a different ferry service from Finland or Sweeden( we will be starting in Germany)? Or do we need to get to Tallinn and then St. Petersburg by Ferry?

If there is not a Ferry service that starts before June 17 - should we drive straight through Finland? Are the roads safe between the border of Finland to St. Petersbury? Especially if I don't speak Russian or Finnish.

Also, can you recommend a few hotels near the MINI party? We would also require a hotel where there is storage / security for the MINI's.

Thanks,

Chris

PS - I put up a picture of my mini in the extreme Canadian winter.

post-247-1138717507_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris,

1) Ferry - There is a ferry from Helsinki to St.Petersburg, however, it would be much simplier to drive. this is about 350km. Time on customs, should be about 1-2 hours. (for our trip to Misano, we have spent 30 min on a way to Finland and about 20 minutes on a way back.

2) There is only one way from the boarder to St.Petresburg, and we will orginize that some one will meet you near the St.Petersburg. The only thing, you would need to let us by phone a few hours in advance

3) Hotel - you should let us know, when you will arrive (date) and how many rooms and what kind you would need. We will help you with reservation of the hotel in St.Petersburg and in Moscow

4) as for MINI on extreme winter. Could you imagine, engine stars without ANY problems even when the temperature is less than -30C :-)))

cheers

Fedor

One second please, I will speak about the invites to the Russian BMW office and will let you know.

Thanks

i will ring the russian embassy today again ,thanks for help ...

the most problem is , taking the car over to russia .............and that we are three different nationalities

Thomas Michelle and Chris

:D

One second please, I will speak about the invites to the Russian BMW office and will let you know.

as far as I know, to get a business visa to Russia is a bit more difficult than touristic visa. For example, to get a business visa you would need a HIV test. Nevertheless, let's check, agree

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone! So, BMW Russland could help us with invitation. Please, send to fedor_zhouk@yahoo.co.uk your passport details and the mail adresses that we should send you an invitation to. Kind regards. Fedor